Monday, August 27, 2012

Transforming Amy

Welcome back to my blog! I have decided to revamp what I'm blogging about. I am 35 years old and I need to get myself in shape and healthy!

I have recently been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. I have also had a lot of issues with kidney stones in the past 9 months, which includes 7 surgeries. My husband has recently lost approximately 150 pounds, so I decided to jump on board!

My Exercise Regimen
Since February 2012, I have been exercising 5-7 times per week, minus the post-surgery times I couldn't exercise. My exercise regimen includes:
  • 20-25 minutes of elliptical
  • 10-15 minutes of free weights (mostly upper body)
  • 5 sets of planks (holding for 40 seconds each time)
  • multiple abdominal exercises
  • 10 minutes of stationary bike
On my "down" nights, I will walk around the neighborhood 3 laps, which is a little less than 3 miles.

Next Steps...
I met with a new Internal Medicine doctor today and she has started me on a diabetic diet. This mainly includes incorporating more fiber in my diet. I will keep you posted on my changes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment